"I was working on the Shuttle in the early 1970s. One Sunday I decided to take a bike ride.
I saw a hot-air balloon in the distance, moving slowly across the landscape, slow enough so I could keep up.
For the next four hours, I pedaled by bike and tried to stay directly under the balloon. It was great fun -- like being in the balloon, but on the ground at the same time. It was a pretty day, with just the slightest wind blowing.
Finally the balloonists decided to land. I jumped off my bike, caught their mooring line, and kept them from drifting into a tree.
It was the most perfect experience."
Paul Lutus
For the next four hours, I pedaled by bike and tried to stay directly under the balloon. It was great fun -- like being in the balloon, but on the ground at the same time. It was a pretty day, with just the slightest wind blowing.
Finally the balloonists decided to land. I jumped off my bike, caught their mooring line, and kept them from drifting into a tree.
It was the most perfect experience."
Paul Lutus
0 comments:
Post a Comment