Monday, March 12, 2012

One time, a long time ago, I heard someone talking about how unfair it was that they weren't wired the same as most people, how they couldn't have even one drink like most people could, that they would be tumbling down a very steep hill in no time, surely, from one small taste. That is unfortunate, I thought at the time. It's nice to have the freedom to choose.

I like to have things figured out, you know, not leave the whys and hows in the bin and walk away with only a bunch of outcomes in my hands. So I've been looking for the answer to why-me and, in turn, why-not-them.

There's a new face to jealousy these days, when someone gets to dabble in the dandy because they have no history of can't-say-no. Who's to say that my past is any more present than their future? I do, I do say that, and I need to, because it's the safer path.

Dandy is just too dandy, I guess, as it turns out. Which was fortunate, I guess, at one time. I guess.

[By:  Jean Giraud, via.]



0 comments:

Post a Comment