Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cloudy, 60 Degrees

Well, I have 7,500 words of a book that needs 15,000. It's July now. It's over, I think. I'll write it anyway, I guess. But the point is I failed. Well-placed priorities have never been my strong suit.


Via.

UPDATE :D

Talked to my publisher again. He says no rush. Things came up and his time-line is stretched now a bit too. So, onward, Little Emma!

To let you know, so a little seed of anticipation can sprout in your mind, the novella is about a boy growing up on a Christmas tree farm in rural Oregon. His father is a drunk. His mother is an agoraphobic who decorates everything like Christmas all-year-round, treating the farm like a roadside attraction she can never leave. Boy meets girl. Sadness and awkwardness prevent a happy ending between the two (just like life). Highlights include an accidental rape (just trust on this one), a suicide discovery, and, of course, lots of those moments that humans can't usually seem to put into words.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Hey! I'm glad to hear that you got an extension.

storiesforhumans said...

Thanks! Me too :D

Post a Comment