Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Light Rain, 57 Degrees

Monday was a very bad day for me. So bad that I had to call in sick yesterday. I just couldn't pull myself to work and sit here biting my tongue, impatient, and irritated. This working is a penance I'm paying, I guess, just like everyone else. Today I am trying to keep the things to be grateful for in the forefront of my mind:

  1. Low stress
  2. Internet time
  3. Writing time
  4. Minimal customer service
  5. Good pay
  6. Good benefits

You can do it, Little Emma, you can.

What was it like for a young secretary out to fetch some lunch in brown heels and a smart little hat?
New York City, 1941, the year and approximate area my dad was born. Via.


I gave someone some advice the other day about what to do with someone who is rude. I said ignore them. Don't look at them, ever, even for a second. And when they speak to you, pretend you didn't hear them until they have to repeat themselves three times. After a while, they'll stop addressing you. I'm practicing what I preach. Grown men with ponytails must be ignored at all costs, y'all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment