
Via.
I am very excited that we're rolling into warm weather again. Each new season, I remember last year's just like it and take a little tally of my life. The decisions I've made, the friends I've kept or not kept, the belongings I held on to. I have a friend who has a very hard time looking towards the future with anything other than trepidation. I think most of us gauge it on our pasts and his has been stomped down with illness and loss. Can any of us truly influence each other? Are there words I just have not found to help change how he feels? Maybe it is his burden alone. But I'd really like to say, "Here, let me get that for you, it looks heavy."
1 comments:
I feel that way, too. It seems like one person can't always carry the world. Maybe it is stubbornness. A refusal for help, and a cry for one at the same time. It feels impossible. Try to help with kind words, but careful to not trample your own wings.
Post a Comment