
He's breathing, can you see it? Eeeeee! Via.
All in all, I had a very nice week off work. My mama came up for a night and we played Rummy, made corned beef 'n' cabbage, and watched movies. One of them was "Emma" which I'd never seen before (boycotted due to name stealing). It was okay but I think I prefer to read stories/books that are set in the long-ago-days rather than watching movies that are set in that time period. Maybe because modern actors are miserable at the accents (Gwyneth Paltrow is no exception).

This is stitched with thread! By: Jillian Tamaki, via.
After my mama departed, the Dear Boy and I spent a night on the coast in a cute lil vintagey cottage. More Rummy, some shopping, and the best crab melt I've ever eaten in my life! The rest of vacation-week was lounging around and going out to eat and SLEEPING IN. Heavenly.
Coming back to work has been pretty turbulent. One of the first things Wicked Lady said to me was, "I had such a hard time while you were gone!" Well, that's too bad, Wicked, because I'll be taking my two weeks of vacation time every year just like everybody else. Suck it. I was pretty frustrated all day yesterday because the whole office was a mess with everything disorganized and nothing restocked (and by restocked I don't mean ordering supplies, I just mean taking some supplies down from the storage shelves and replenishing what's needed). Simple things and she's just too lazy for any of it.
Also, she doesn't recycle. I overheard this conversation today:
Guy from Alabama: "Oh yeah, I'm in Oregon and all Oregonians recycle so I should probably do it too."
Wicked Lady: "Not ALL Oregonians do. I hardly recycle anything."
:o Amazing.
0 comments:
Post a Comment